Saturday, April 16, 2011

On Quiz shows...

On Quiz shows...

by Adam Littlefield on Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 1:14pm


     An Alex Trebek thread in my Newsfeed today brought this oldie to mind... It also made me peruse several old Myspace Blogs that are just as pertinent and relevant to my situation, for the most part, as they were when I wrote them... Fair warning, as I am writing new stuff, said entries may find their way in to this forum, just to continue building this body of work and re-examining the issues that plague and bless me continually through the years... Also, fun little factoid: This entry is classified in the halls of my mind, as my first piece of writing to ever technically, round-aboutly, eventually, get me ass... You're welcome... Happy Thursday...


Jul 26, 2006

     Mannnn, I'm watching this World Series of Pop Culture on VH1... How the hell could I have not known about this? I literally missed like four questions for the whole hour long show... I mean, what better forum to showcase the fruits of my indolent labors is there? I'm super pissed that myself and two other fat, lazy fucks aren't up on that stage going after 250k... You even get to pick which fat, lazy fuck is best suited for each category... Put me with the right two people and we be breezin' through that shit yo... It's probably a different story standing up there with all those lights and cameras all up in your face and what not... No doubt I'd be sweating like a whore in church, but hot damn it'd be fun, and think of all the respect you'd garner by being King of the Founts of Useless Knowledge... Uhh yeah... Okay, so maybe I'll just continue to play quietly from home and wish I knew enough about Shakespeare and classical music and a bajillion other shit categories to go on Jeopardy... Now there's a show... I mean, anyone can get a couple batches of nice questions and stay on there for two or three days, make a nice chunk o' change, and be outta there and in high standing with all their intellectual friends... I've had plenty of days where I'd have been in contention heading into final jeopardy, but just as many days where I'd have looked like a total fucking idiot... Which is why Ken Jennings is a ridiculous pimp... 74 times this guy won... Over 3 million dollars, jack... Ridiculous... The mofo knew about literally everything, had huge balls too, wasn't afraid to gamble... Okay, I have no idea why the fuck I just rambled about the world series of pop culture and Ken Jennings, or what redeeming value it might have to anyone who reads it...What can I say, I was bored, I started typing....Here ya go...
 ~Boombalias

No comments:

Post a Comment